Vaccination, Pre-Cruise Testing & Entry Requirement
- All passengers aged 12 years and older, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least two weeks prior to embarkation. Only guests with vaccines approved by the WHO will be permitted to board. A copy of the vaccination certificate must be uploaded to the guest’s ‘My Silversea’ in advance of their travels, in addition to showing their vaccination certificate or printed copy during the check-in and embarkation process.
- As the global travel landscape continues to evolve, we will require that each passenger ensures their COVID-19 vaccination status is up to date for both their country of residence and the intended countries they plan to visit.
- Visitors must produce a negative Covid-19 PCR test, performed within the 72 hours prior to departure – counting from the last boarding on flights with stopovers.
- In addition, from November 1, 2021, fully vaccinated visitors must undertake a PCR test upon arrival in Chile. This test will be conducted at the airport by Chilean authorities. Only those who test negative will be allowed to avoid the preventative 5-day quarantine.
- Proof of the Covid-19 vaccine will allow visitors to obtain a Mobility Pass issued by the Chilean Ministry of Health. This requirement is due from 45 days prior to your arrival in Chile and may be submitted via this website mevacuna.gob.cl. Please be aware, submissions prior to 45 days of your arrival in Chile will not be accepted. Note too, it can take up to 30 days to validate your proof of vaccination, so please be aware of this timing and mindful of your travel dates when submitting this requirement.
- Before entry, all travellers must complete a "traveller’s affidavit" form 48 hours prior to travel. The electronic form includes contact information, medical history, proof of travel insurance, COVID-19 RT-PCR test results, and previous travel history.
- Travellers must carry proof of travel insurance throughout the voyage, which is required to cover any medical expenses related to Covid-19 with a minimum coverage of $30,000 of health benefits. All documents will have to be presented before entering Chile.
*All testing requirements are subject to change according to the latest disease prevention measures by destination Government. The above requirements are captured as of 11 Aug 2022. For the updated detailed information, we’d highly recommend passengers refer to the cruise company website
POLYCLUB reserves the right to collect fuel surcharge, applicable taxes or supplement charges which imposed by the cruise company, even if full payment has been made to the reservation. Fare difference is governed by official notification from cruise company. These amounts will be determined upon the confirmation of booking and will be added to the final fare.
If a material alteration to a package tour after its commencement for reasons beyond control, POLYCLUB may impose any additional charge to his clients as a result of an increase in operation costs. (“Reasons beyond control” mean hostilities, political unrest, terror attacks, natural disasters, pestilences, bad weather, technical problems to transport, changes to the frequency/timetable of any means of conveyance by its operator without advance notice, strikes, industrial action, travel advisories (warnings) issued by governments of the destinations/the World Health Organisation, outbound travel alerts issued by Singapore Government, and any other situations of which the industry has no control and which are unfavourable to outbound trips of travellers.)
Passengers accept full responsibility for all losses and expenses due to “Reasons beyond control”. Cruise company and the travel agency will not be liable for any consequences.
For the safety of crew and passengers, Cruise Line has the right to cancel, advance, postpone or substitute any scheduled sailing or itinerary without prior notice, in the event of bad weather, technical or other reasons beyond control. Passengers shall not make claim against cruise company and the Company for any recovery.
POLYCLUB strongly encourage passengers to take out their travel insurance before the journey.
Travel visa is at your own responsibility.
The minimum age to attend this cruise is 8 years old.
The cruise line does not provide babysitting, childcare or supervision services.
There are no special programs or entertainment for children of any age onboard. Adult family member will be required to remain on board with their child(ren) during Zodiac excursions.
Expedition gear, like boots, thermal Tops, gloves, fleece hat, are recommended for shore excursions.
Stateroom assignment is subject to the cruise company upon availability. Members of same travelling party may not be assigned to adjacent/ nearby rooms. Cruise company also upgrade any passenger(s) at sole discretion.
Bedding arrangement is subject to the cruise company upon availability.
In case of disputes, Cruise Company reserves the right to make the final decision.
All information in Chinese and Korean are translated from English. English version will be taken as the correct one if there is a difference.